In this article, we will discuss Shiv Nadar Net Worth, his biography and many other details about him. Shiv Nadar is the former chairman and co-founder of HCL Technologies. He is the third richest businessman in India. He founded HCL in 1976 and transformed it over the next three decades into an IT enterprise by constantly reinventing its focus. Nadar has received Padma Bhushan for his tremendous effort in the IT industry. His friends call him Magus meaning wizard because in the mid-1990s he focused his efforts on developing the educational system of India through the Shiv Nadar Foundation.
Shiv Nadar Net Worth 2022
- As of 08/09/2022, his net worth is $ 28.7 Billion dollars (USD 2,870 Crores) (Rs. 2.09 Lakhs Crores).
- Currently, he is the 47th richest person in the world.
- In July 2020, he handed over the chairmanship of HCL Technologies to his daughter, Roshni Nadar Malhotra. Currently, he is the chairman emeritus and strategic advisor.
- The company hires school grades and trains them for the job. Currently, there are 211,000 employees in 52 countries.
- Nadar donated $662 million to Shiv Nadar Foundation for the education-related cause.
Shiv Nadar’s net worth year-wise.
Shiv Nadar Biography
The Shiv Nadar was born on 14 July 1945 in a small village called Moolaipozhi in Thoothukudi district (present), Tamil Nadu, India. His father was Sivasubramaniya Nadar and mother was Vamasundari Devi. She was the sister of S. P. Adithanar, founder of Dina Thanthi newspaper. Nadar is married to Kiran Nadar, she is an Asian Games medalist, philanthropist and art collector. She is the founder of the Kiran Nadar Museum of Art. They both have a daughter whose name is Roshni Nadar, she is the current chairperson of HCL Technologies.
|Number of Children||1|
|Wealth Source||Software services, Self Made|
|Net Worth||$ 28.7 Billion|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts/Science, PSG College of Technology|
Nadar began his career as a management trainee with DCM. At DCM, he met individuals with whom he later started HCL in a Delhi Barsati (similar to a garage startup). In 1976 Nadar founded HCL Technologies. During the early days, the company manufactured calculators and microprocessors.
In 1980, HCL stepped into the international market to sell IT hardware. In the first year, the company made Rs 1 million in revenue. He transformed the IT hardware company into an IT enterprise over the next three decades.
In 2020, Nadar handed over his chairman position to his daughter Roshni Nadar. He also stepped down from his post as managing director of HCL Technologies in July 2021 and was succeeded by C Vijay Kumar, the CEO of HCL Technologies, for a five-year term.
In October 2021, Forbes magazine ranked him as the third richest person in India, with a net worth of $31 billion (Rs.2,36,600 Crores).
Shiv Nadar Awards
- Padma Bhushan (third highest civilian award) in 2008 for his contribution to the IT industry.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in 2007 by Madras University.
- E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year 2007
- Counted as 48 Heroes of Philanthropy in the Asia Pacific by Forbes in 2011.
- Ranks 16th in the list of 50 most-powerful people of 2017 by India Today in April 2017.
Focus on Education
- Shiv Nadar University Chennai: As a tribute to his father, Sivasubramaniya Nadar, Nadar founded SSN College of Engineering in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in 1996.
- In 2005, he joined the executive board of the Indian School of Business.
- In UP, Nadar’s SSN Trust has announced the establishment of two Vidyagyan schools, where 200 students from 50 districts will receive scholarships.
- He donated computers and other equipment worth Rs. 80 lakhs to Town Higher Secondary School in February 2011.
- In March 2022, he invested US$1.1 billion to impact 36,000 students through his Foundation.
Shiv Nadar is the co-founder and former chairman of HCL Technologies. He ranks third among India’s richest Billionaires with a net worth of $28.7 billion in 2022.
Shiv Nadar University is located on NH-91 near Dadri in Uttar Pradesh, India.
Shiv Nadar was born in a small village called Moolaipozhi in Thoothukudi district (present), Tamil Nadu, India.