Saarthi App is an educational application launched by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on January 19th 2022 in Mumbai. The aim of the Saarthi education app is to promote awareness among the investors about the basic concepts of the Securities Market, KYC Process, trading and settlement, mutual funds, recent market developments, investor grievances redressal mechanism, etc.
While launching the app, Shri Ajay Tyagi, the Chairman of SEBI; said that this mobile application is another initiative of SEBI to provide investors with knowledge about the securities market.
Take Away Points – Saarthi education app
- Saarthi app by SEBI is an initiative to promote transparency in the market and increase awareness among investors.
- The app is available in Hindi and in English.
- SEBI Saarthi app is available for Android and IOS users.
- The app will provide relevant information about trading, market entry, investment etc.
Saarthi app download
Saarthi app is available on the Play Store for Android users and on App Store for IOs users. The app provides information related to investments and is popular among young investors.
What is the need for the SEBI Saarthi app?
- With the recent increase in new investors entering the stock market that too mostly mobile traders; the Saarthi education online app helps investors to provide relevant information.
- According to a SEBI report, the number of retail investors has been significantly increasing in the past few years.
- The number of retail investors has increased in the market by a whopping 142 lakh in FY21.
- 122.5 lakh new accounts at CDSL
- 19.7 lakh new accounts in NSDL
- NSE data indicates that the share of retail investors in the total stock market turnover has increased from 39% to 45% in March 2020.
The securities market is the market in which securities are bought and sold by investors. Securities are financial instruments that are issued for the purpose of raising funds.
The primary function of security markets is to facilitate the flow of capital from those who have it to those who need it. The security market helps to transfer resources from those who have idle resources to others who have a productive need for them.
The securities market has two dependent and inseparable components, which are
- Primary market
- Secondary market
A primary market is a market that issues new securities on an exchange that is facilitated by underwriting teams and consists of investment banks.
The secondary market is a market where investors buy securities or assets from other investors, rather than from the issuing companies themselves.
You may also like to read
Difference Between NSE And BSE Full Report
Is Bear Market Over? Probably Not, Here Is Why.
Atal Gramin Jan Kalyan Yojana 2022 AGJKY
7 Reasons Why SBI Retirement Benefit Fund Is Best 2022
What Is The Difference Between MSF And Repo Rate