What is PM Kisan Yojana?
The PM Kisan Yojana is a scheme under the Government of India which provides income support to farmers and their families. It was first implemented as the Rythu Bandhu scheme by the government of Telangana. Under this scheme, a certain amount was directly given to the farmer. This scheme received accolades from various organisations, including the World Bank. Later, on 1st Feb 2019, it was implemented nationwide by Pyush Goyal during the interim budget of India 2019. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM-KISAN scheme on 24th Feb 2019 in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana scheme is 100 per cent funded by the Government of India, which provides income support of ₹6000 per annum to landholding farmers and their families. The funds are directly deposited in the bank account in three equal instalments.
Features of PM Kisan Yojana
|Name of the scheme||PM-KISAN Yojana|
|Full-Form||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana|
|Date of launch||24th February 2019|
|Government Ministry||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare|
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana – Eligibility
All farmers’ families that are citizens of India and have cultivable landholding in their names are eligible to get benefited under the scheme.
Exclusion Criteria under the PMKSNY
Farmers who do not qualify to get the benefits of the PM-Kisan Yojana are as follows.
- All Institutional Landholders
- And farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to following categories:
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts.
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees).
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is ₹10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of above category.
- Every farmer who paid Income Tax in last assessment year.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
- Leased land holders are not eligible i.e. tenant farmers.
- Land which is not used for the purpose of agriculture are not eligible.
PM Kisan Yojana document list
The eligible farmers have to produce the following documents for verification.
- Citizenship certificate
- Landholding papers
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
PMKSNY Payment Dates
As mentioned above, all landholding farmers’ families will get the benefit of ₹6000 per annum in three equal instalments of ₹2000. The first period of the instalment was from 01 .12 2O18 to 31 03 2019, that of the 2nd instalment from 01 04.2019 to 31 07 .2019, 3rd instalment from 01 08.2019 to 30 11 2019, and so on.
PM Kisan Status Online for 10th Installment
PM Kisan Yojana Registration
Eligible farmers (as per the criteria mentioned above) can register themselves as beneficiaries to enjoy the benefits under PM Kisan Yojana. The registration process is simple and one can easily enrol by filling the registration form. There are no charges for filling the PMKSNY form.
- Farmers can approach the PMKSNY nodal officers appointed by the State governments.
- Eligible farmers can also enrol under this scheme by approaching the local patwaris or revenue officers.
- Farmers can also approach the Common Service Centres (CSCs) by paying a fee.
Eligible farmers ca also fill the PMKSNY form online in the following ways.
- Farmers can also register themselves for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana online through PMKSNY’s official website. They can visit PMKSNY’s official website.
- Go to Farmer’s Corner section at the right corner and click on “New Farmer Registration”.
- A new tab will open. Enter the Aadhaar Card number, select the name of your state, type of application from Rural & Urban Farmer Registration, father’s name, mother’s name, land details, bank passbook information and captcha code.
- Read the details in the columns and click on submit button.
- Registration slip will be generated. Take the printout for future references.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Status
How to check PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Beneficiary Status?
If an enlisted farmer does not receive the amount as per schedule, he can check the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana status online by following the simple procedure.
1. Go to the PMKSNY official website.
2. Go to the Farmer’s corner and click on “Beneficiary Status”.
3. Enter the Aadhaar number, registered mobile number, or account number.
To check the PMKSNY via its portal follow the following procedure.
1. Click on the tab marked list of beneficiaries under Farmer’s Corner.
2. Select State, District and Sub-district, Block and Village, and click on Get Report.
One can then view the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana list for a particular village. Farmers who haven’t yet enlisted themselves can do so and receive the next instalment of Rs. 2000.
How the beneficiaries under the Scheme will be identified and shortlisted for
payment of intended benefit?
The responsibility of identifying the eligible farmers’ families for benefit under the
scheme is entire of the State/UT Governments. The prevailing land-ownership
system/record of land in different States/Union Territories will be used to identify the
intended beneficiaries for transfer of scheme benefits.
are eligible for consideration?
ln cases where transfer of ownership of cultivable land has happened between
01 .12.2018 and 31.01 .2019 due to any reason such as purchase, succession, will,
gift, etc., the first instalment during the financial year (2018-19) shall be of
proportionate amount from the date of transfer till 31 .03.2019 concerning the 4 months
period, provided the families are otherwise eligible as per scheme guidelines.
Yes, the PMKSNY scheme covers all farmer families irrespective of the size of landholdings.
under the scheme?
No, income tax payee farmers are not eligible for PM Kisan Yojana.