This article will have a complete overview of e Shram Card. We will also like to through light on e Shram card registration, e Shram card benefits, and e-Shram card. Also, we will give you the worklist provided by the government.
What is e-Shram card?
The e Shram card is a social security scheme for the unorganised sector of workers. It was launched on 26th August 2021 for the welfare of the unorganised sector workers.
Under e Shram scheme, the government provides e-shram card to the registered members. The eshram card consists of 12 digit Universal Account Number (UAN) that is issued to the beneficiaries.
After registering to the e shram yojana, beneficiaries will no longer require to renew their registration every year. With this card, workers of the unorganized sector can avail of their benefits all over India.
There are around 30 broad categories of activities, 190 types of occupation and approximately 400 occupations under eshram scheme.
Please continue reading to the next section where we have discussed who can apply for eshram card.
Who can apply for e-SHRAM card?
All the workers in the unorganised sector who fulfil the following criteria are eligible for eshram card.
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Age should be between 15 to 59 years.
- Must not be a member of EPFO or ESIC.
- Should not be an income taxpayer.
Workers eligible for e-shram card can register on the e-shram portal for the card. Currently, more than 19,31,90,641 cards have been issued.
Continue reading because, in the next section, we will discuss how to apply for e-shram card.
How to apply e-SHRAM card?
Eligible workers can apply for the e-shram card through the e shram portal. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched this portal for the welfare of the unorganised sector workers.
E Shram Card Online Apply 2022
- Go to eshram.gov.in.
- On the right-hand side of the page, click on ‘Register on eShram’.
- Enter your Aadhar linked mobile number and Captcha.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Fill in the OTP and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Enter your Aadhar Card Number, Captcha and click on I agree (terms and conditions). Then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Fill in your personal, educational and bank details and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your registration process is complete.
Eligible workers can also apply for e shram portal registration through CSC Seva Kendra.
What are the e-SHRAM card documents required?
Here is a list of documents required for e-shram.
- Aadhar Card
- Mobile Number linked to Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Details
What are the benefits of e-SHRAM card?
The e Shram card 2022 has a lot of benefits for unorganized workers. About 38 crore workers are working in the uncategorized sector such as construction, agriculture, domestic and beedi workers, small sellers, fishermen, milk vendors, etc.
Here is a list of e shram card benefits that e-shram cardholders will get.
- Workers will receive a pension of 3000/- per month (minimum) after 60 years.
- Accidental Insurance of up to 2 Lakhs if a worker dies or becomes completely physically disabled. In contrast, workers with a partial disability will get an insurance cover of 1 Lakh.
You can check eshram account balance through e wallets such as Google Pay, Paytm etc. Or you can contact your bank to check account balance.
The helpdesk number of eshram is 14434.
To cancel E-Shram card contact the helpdesk at 14434.
Yes, the government is providing 500 monthly as wage allowance to labour class under the e.shram scheme.
You May Also Like To Read
7 Reasons Why SBI Retirement Benefit Fund Is Best Retirement Fund In 2022
Chiranjeevi Bima Yojana: Know The Benefits, Eligibility, and More
How To Apply For A Student Loan Without Pan Card
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana BSCCY – How To Apply Online In 10 Minutes