Dena Bank Complete Overview
Dena Bank was founded by Pranlal Devkaran Nanjeen on 26th May 1938. Initially, the name of this bank was Devkaran Nanjee Banking Company, but after being incorporated as a Public Company in 1939, its name was changed to Dena (Devkaran Nanjee) Bank. In July 1969, the Government of India nationalized this bank along with thirteen other major banks.
Currently, it is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharastra and has 1874 branches and more than 1513 ATMs all over India.
The Finance Ministry of the Government of India proposed to amalgamate Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and Bank of Baroda. The “Scheme of Amalgamation” got approval from the Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with the Board of Banks on 2nd January 2019.
This Amalgamate bank has become India’s second-largest Public Sector Bank (PSU) and third-largest bank with a total business of more than ₹14.82 Lakh Crore.
Cheque Book, Passbook, Debit Card Merge Update 2021
The process of amalgamation of Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and Bank of Baroda has started on 1st April 2019. By the end of 2020, IT integration and Branch integration got competed. The Bank changed its customer’s Account Number, IFSC code and MICR code. But Passbook, Cheque and Debit Card were still functional of Dena Bank and Vijay Bank.
As per the new rule of the Bank of Baroda, the Chequebook and Passbook of Dena Bank and Vijay Bank are invalid from 1 July 2021. It is mandatory to replace the old passbook and chequebook of the other two banks with Bank of Baroda’s chequebook and Passbook.
However, the Debit cards of Dena Bank and Vijay Bank will continue to operate up till their expiry dates.
Dena Bank Net Banking
After Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank merged with Bank Of Baroda customers will not be able to access Dena Bank internet banking. Customers have to log in to the Bank of Baroda.
Steps for Dena Bank Net Banking Login
Follow these simple steps to log in to the Dena bank online banking.
- Visit the official website of Bank of Baroda.
- Click on Login and then click on Baroda connect (net banking).
- Enter your Dena Bank netbanking user ID, Old Password and Captcha Code and click on Login.
- Click on Enroll now.
- On the next screen, you have to enter a “Personal Message” and select any five questions from the check box below, and answer them. You will need these answers to reset your password, in case you forget your password.
- Under Set Password section, enter your Current Password, two times your New Password and your Transaction Password.
- Click on Register, and you can access your Bank of Baroda internet banking.
Is Dena Bank IFSC code changed?
After the merger of these two banks, the Bank of Baroda has changed its IFSC codes. Bank of Baroda has issued new IFSC codes on 1 July 2021, and customers of Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank will no longer be able to use their old IFSC codes for transactions.
However, customers of these two banks can know their new IFSC code by the following.
- Visit the Bank of Baroda branch: To know about the new IFSC code, customers can visit the Bank of Baroda main branch and ask for the new IFSC code.
- By Phone Call: Customers can call on toll free number 18002584455 and 18001024455 to know their new IFSC code.
- Through SMS: Customers can send SMS to 8422009988 from their registerd mobile number in the format “MIGR<Space> Last four digit of old account number“.
- Online: Visit the Bank of Baroda IFSC page and enter your Old Solld ID, State, City, and Branch and then click on search.
IFSC stands for Indian Financial System Code. It is an 11 digit alphanumeric code used in electronic payment systems such as RTGS, NEFT and IMPS.
The first four digits are BARB.
Fifth digit is 0 (zero), which is reserved for future use.
The sixth and Seventh Letter is DB that stands for Dena Bank.
The last four digits are your city and branch code.
Code looks like BARB0DBXXXX.
After the Dena Bank merger, shareholders of Dena-bank have received shares of Bank of Baroda.
For 1000 Dena-Bank shares — 110 shares of Bank of Baroda.
DenaiConnect Internet Banking service is an advantageous, secure internet banking service provided by Dena-bank for the clients of its Core Banking (CBS) branches.
With DenaiConnect Internet banking, customers can get all their financial records with the bank 24x 7x 365 from anywhere in the world.
It has a lot of features like Balance Enquiry, Mini Statement, Statement of Accounts, Cheque based Inquiry, Assets Transfer, Tax Payments, to give some examples out of many.
To reset your Dena-Bank- BoB password, click on ‘Forgot Password on BoB to
re-set your passwords’. (For customers who have Dena Debit / Insta / Gold Card)
Customers who do not have Dena Debit / Insta / Gold Card have to submit a letter to branch officials requesting for regeneration of the password. Upon receiving a confirmation from the Branch, the passwords will be reset and sent to the Branch. Customers have to visit the branch to receive the password.