Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme | Bihar Student Credit Card Status | Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
In this article, we will discuss Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana. If you are a 12th pass student from Bihar and looking for a student loan for further studies, then this article is certainly helpful for you. The Bihar government has started an initiative for students to provide them with education loans.
The Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana (BSCCY) is an initiative by the state government to provide loans to the needy 12th pass students of Bihar for higher education. Under this scheme, the Bihar government provide a loan to 12th pass students for up to ₹4,00,000 at no interest cost for further studies.
The Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana was launched by the Bihar Government on 2nd October 2016.
Benefit of Bihar student credit card
Bihar student credit card scheme is beneficial for those students who are 12th pass and looking for study loan for higher education.
Bihar Student Credit Card Eligibility
If you want a loan from BSCCY, then you must fall under the following eligibility criteria for student credit card Bihar.
- Students must be permanent residents of Bihar.
- Students must be 12th pass.
- The educational institution of students must be recognized by the state or central government related regulatory agency
- The maximum age of students should be 25 years.
- BSCC loans for higher education are for general courses, and technical or professional programs.
You can check the Bihar student credit card college list.
What are the documents required for a Bihar student credit card?
To apply for BSCCY, students must have a co-applicant, which can be their parents or guardians – who can furnish proof of income. Students can apply for the BSCCY by providing the following documents.
- Identity proofs for the applicant and co-applicant like AADHAR Card, Voter Card, Passport, etc.
- Student’s mark sheet of class 10th and 12th.
- Certificate of Residence of the applicant.
- Admission Certificate from recognized Institute for Higher Education.
- Document of fee for higher education, issued by Institute.
- PAN Card of the student.
- Self-attested copies of application form with passport size photographs.
- Last 6 Months Statements of Parents Bank account and Form -16
- Income Tax Return of last two years.
Once you submit all the documents successfully, the government official will verify your documents. The verification process can take up to 15 days from the day of submission. Varified documents are then shared with the banks. Banks can then approve or disapprove the loan.
The loan approval or disapproval is shared by the bank on the registered mobile number. Applicants have to visit the bank to complete the formalities when the loan is approved.
Steps for Bihar student credit card online apply 2022
Eligible students can apply for a student credit card in Bihar by following these simple steps.
- Go to the Bihar student credit card official website
- Click on “New Applicant Registration”
- Fill in the details – Name, email id, Aadhar Number, Mobile Number, and click on “Send OTP”
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and email address. Enter the OTP
- Select BSCC, click on declaration and then click on the “Submit” button.
- Your User Id and Password will be sent to your registered mobile number and email id.
- Go to the BSCC official website and log in using the User Id and Password.
- Reset your password.
- Login in once again using the new password.
- Enter your details – Schooling, Personal details, Bank details, Address.
- Enter details of co-applicant.
- Fill in the personal information of the co-applicant and click on “Next”.
- You will reach to Loan Request Section. Enter the details of your course and the amount of loan.
- Click on Next.
- Tick the declaration boxes and click on Preview.
- Click on Use Adhar for the verification process and click on Close.
- Click on Final Submit.
You will receive a mail on your registered email id. Once your loan gets approved, you have to visit the DRCC office with the necessary documents.
Bihar student credit card course list 2022
BSCCY has brought so many courses for students. You can avail education loan for any of the courses on the list given below.
Here is a list of courses available under BSCCY
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- BCA, BSc IT, Computer Applications, Computer Science
- BSC Nursing
- BA, BSc, B Com
- Bachelor of Architecture
- MSc, MTech
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Diploma in food processing, food production
- Diploma in Food and Viverage Service
- BA, BSc, B.Ed, Integrated Course
- Diploma in Food, Nutritionist, Dietetics
- BL, LLB
- B.Tech., BE
You can call on student credit card Bihar helpline number for any query: 18003456444
- Bihar student credit card scheme started in 2016 to provide loans to 12th passed students for higher studies.
- The maximum loan a student can avail of under BSCCY is ₹ 4 Lakhs.
- Bihar student credit card loan interest rate is 0%.
Students from Bihar who are 12th pass and at max 25 years of age can apply for the BSCC scheme.
To check the Bihar student credit card status students can reach out to the MNSSBY website.